CIR food, as a co-operative, recognizes the following principles to be true:
- The member is the original core of any mutual collective form and the real primary subject of any co-operative action;
- The co-operative enterprise performs its economic role in the interest of the cooperators, of future generations, and of the social communities;
- The cooperative’s main resource is the people that form it. The co-operative must value their work, encourage and acknowledge their creativity, professionalism, and their capacity to work together to reach the common goals.
Specifically, CIR food bases its development on personal responsibility, quality of performance, transparency, and correct behavior.
The people who work for the co-operative, and decide to participate in it, share the following values:
- Respect – Embracing transparency, sincerity, and understanding towards colleagues or any other person they deal with.
- Involvement – Listening to people and their expectations, paying attention to their potential, supporting their motivations, involving them, and conveying enthusiasm and belief in the company.
- Responsibility – Being aware of one’s actions and of other people’s actions; committing to the performance of concrete tasks.
- Humility and eagerness to learn – Considering all circumstances without presumptions, being able to call oneself into question; exhibiting curiosity and eagerness to learn.
- Team play – We are all part of a team, we don’t play alone; the team wins not the individual. Our work depends on the work of our teammates and must be coordinated with them.
- Dynamism – Taking the initiative, being energetic, vivacious, and demonstrating good will.
- Passion – Being interested in the job and showing a strong sense of duty: working intelligently but also with compassion. Using our strengths to obtain the most, but with passion
All members, at every level of the organization, are guided by this mission and by the company’s values which they must honor and enforce with a coherent behavior.