cir food company's ethical code
CIR food adopts as its fundamental values the following standards:
- The member is the original core of any mutual collective form and the primary subject of co-operative action.
- The co-operative enterprise performs its economic role in the interest of the cooperators, of future generations, and of the social communities. It offers safety, advantages and recognitions to its participants based on their individual involvement.
- The main resource of the cooperation is represented by the individuals that form it. The co-operative must value their work, must encourage and acknowledge their creativity and professionalism, and their capacity to collaborate in order to reach the common goals.
- The member of the co-operative must above all show respect of the fellow man.
Fairness, sense of justice and responsibility are required from the cooperator, regardless of his/her role or professional level.
- The co-operative demonstrates its transparency, honesty and fairness through the quality of the jobs it undertakes.
- The co-operative always believes pluralism to be an asset.
In its dealings with other economic, financial, political and social parties it respects their nature, opinions, and culture and it acts according to its originality, autonomy and contractual ability.
- The need for cooperation, its distinctive character, and role are founded on the principle of solidarity. Every relationship or transaction between economic entities is always based on human relationships.
- The co-operative sees the market as the place where wealth is produced, where public health and environment must be respected, where it is possible to develop a social economy. It interacts in the marketplace always complying with the law and following principles of justice, fairness and usefulness to its members and the community at large.
- Cooperation contributes to the development of the market improving existing companies and creating new ones; organizing the demand, and responding to the need of the community. This is what gives meaning to the co-operative advancement.
- Cooperation considers the right and the risks of undertaking an enterprise as an expression of freedom.
- Cooperation regulates the internal relationships based on democratic principles. The co-operative enterprise achieves its goals associating with the co-operative movement, which promotes relations between companies, values their collective assets, and guarantees adequate forms of control.
- A mutual co-operative, as defined by the principles of the International Co-operative Alliance, not only is a way of producing and distributing wealth more suitable to the interests of its participants, but it is also a concept describing human relationships.
The social and ethic values truly translate into the company’s policies and activities, which are evaluated every year in the detailed Social Assessment, which is then shown and distributed during the General Assembly.
Furthermore, the members and the employees are constantly updated on the company’s dealings and its ethical and strategic decisions through appropriate means of internal communications:
Downloadable balance sheet
- informative material regarding the company and its certification/preventive measures (e.g. “ The Job Guide” an information and training manual for new employees);
- the statute and informative material for new members;
- Internet website with news, links, documents and useful technical information;
- the magazine “ Carte in Tavola ”, which continues to increase its circulation and it is mailed to members, affiliated businesses, Associations, Public Agencies, unions, economic and social organizations, townships where services are contracted, Restaurant businesses and the press covering this market;
- member meetings and information meetings restricted to employees and members-employees working in a specific area.